RECORDS DIVISION CLERK
This order establishes the Job Task Requirements for the position of Records Division Clerk.
II. Policy: Incumbent performs duties related to the entry of departmental data into computers.
Incumbent also provides reports involving department data and produces police paperwork.
Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Captain of Special Services.
III. Functions and Duties
1. Processes and files daily case reports.
2. Answers telephone to assist individuals inquiring about accident information, court dates,
fingerprint appointments, etc.
3. Assists individuals requesting accident reports, general information, etc.
4. Processes the department mail and distributes to proper divisions.
5. Processing of warrants including entering them into the computer, updating continuously, and
6. Enters all traffic citations and warning tickets issued by the department into RMS on a daily
7. Performs other related duties as required.
1. The ability to maintain files, keep confidential aspects of job information.
2. Word and Excel proficiency as well as the ability to learn specialized WLPD computer
3. The ability to get along and deal tactfully with others.
4. Performs clerical functions performed according to standard office procedure.
5. The ability to operate and function within a normal office environment.
6. Must be 18 years of age or older.
8. Meets all requirements prescribed by Indiana Law.
9. The ability to communicate effectively.
V. Working Environment
1. Incumbent works in the indoor office environment 100% of the day. Incumbent required to sit
for long periods and concentrate intensely. He/She must also work in close quarters.
2. Incumbent works normal hours.
3. Casual and professional clothes are worn for work.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Click link to Apply
Records Division Clerk – City of West Lafayette – West Lafayette, IN